We can choose to live our life in the past, or we can choose to live for today. I choose to live for today, because my past does not define me! If I continued to live my life in the past, nothing good would come from it.
Friends, it’s time to let it go! Do you want your life back? Do you want to live a life of prosperity, strength, and happiness? You can and you deserve it! Do you truly believe that God wants you unhappy and broken? No way!
God tells us in Isaiah 4 3:18-19
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I AM doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
For those of you who follow me on Facebook you might have noticed a live video I did the other day. This week my heart has been heavy and hurt because of what friends are telling me. They’re hurt, broken, and feel unworthy. They’re letting the opinions of other’s consume their thoughts, which in turn is bringing them to their past. This is NOT okay! Friends hear me when I say this, “Do not let the opinions of other’s control your life. This is your life and your life is worthy of happiness! If I listened to everything people have told me, I would have missed God’s calling on my life. God has a different plan for us all. Embrace your circle with people who lift you up, who inspires you to go further, who congratulate you on your accomplishments, and who truly want the best for you! If you’re letting the negative words consume you, you will not produce God’s fruit in your life.
Give your past to God! He died on that cross for you. Your sins were nailed down that day. Ask God to forgive you of your past, to place the right people in your circle who will encourage you and to guide you everyday to do better!
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
2 Peter 3:11
If you’re ready for your heart to beat again and say goodbye to where you’ve been, please follow my “Living for Today” 30 Minute challenge.
- As soon as you wake up find a quiet place. If this means you have to set your alarm 30 min early, then do so! Lol
- Spend 10 minutes in prayer. Pray for any and everything! Make sure to thank God for all that you have.
- Find a daily devotional and read today’s message. I personally love “Jesus Calling.” You can find it here, Amazon – Jesus Calling. You can also download the “Bible App” for free. They offer many daily plans to choose from. Once you find the devotional that best suits you, you will also notice Bible verses that reference your daily devotional. Now it’s time to get into God’s word. Find those verses in your Bible and meditate on them. Read them over and over again if you have to.
- Journal- my favorite part! Get yourself a journal/notebook and journal your thoughts. Journal about your prayer time, your daily devotion, God’s word and how you can apply that message to your life. I make it fun by using markers, colored pencils. I even doodle!
- Lastly, when you’re finished tell yourself this out loud, ” I am a child of the most high God! I wear a crown of favor and I AM WORTH IT!”
I pray that this 30 minute challenge every morning helps you and encourages you as much as it does for me. I find that when I do this every morning it sets me up for a beautiful day full of God’s blessings. Step into the light of Grace and know that your story is far from over! You were created for a life of VICTORY! It may be hard to see at the moment, but have faith knowing that it will come to pass.
CLAIM VICTORY OVER YOUR LIFE TODAY!💜
Xoxo- Blessings Ash
Please share this blog on Facebook if you know of someone who could use a little encouragement, and if you’re up for this 30 minute challenge please tag me on Facebook by using #ashleyslivingfortodaychallenge