Have you ever asked yourself, “What if?”
What if we just stopped what we are doing right now and and envisioned where you think you’d be in 5 years. Does it make you happy or do you try to block out the vision of where you think you’re headed?
What if we just put our faith and trust in the Lord? What if we just let him lead our way? What if we actually prayed to Him everyday knowing that he’s faithful and will guide us in the right direction. What if?
Friends, my journey hasn’t been easy. There have been a lot of twisted roads, and I know those challenges and obstacles still lay ahead of me, but I also know that the one person who can help pull me through and never leave me is my God. He has designed a path for me as he has for you. So what if we just opened up our hearts to him and let him work in our lives and let him show us the way?
If you’re not happy where you are right now, if you don’t see yourself in an area of prosperity in 5 years then it’s time to change things up!
It comes back down to what if. Are you willing to put your trust and faith in the Lord? Are you ready to start living a life that you are designed to live?
The Bible tells us,
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields it’s fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither-or whatever they do prospers.
So how do we change things up to start living the life we deserve?
1. Schedule a devotional appointment. I literally have my “God” time scheduled in my planner. I find it comforting to start my day off first thing in the morning. Find yourself a good devotional, there are many out there. Feel free to message me and I’ll gladly share my favorite’s with you.
2. Tools. I love the YouVersion Bible app https://www.youversion.com on here you can find daily devotionals, Bible reading plans etc. It even gives you a reminder when it’s time to do your reading👍If you’re new to reading the Bible I would suggest a good study Bible-many contain reading plans and practical ways to apply scripture to everyday situations.
3. Start with prayer. Before I pray, I always ask God to help me fully understand what I’m about to read. A great prayer that I received from my Bible study group is, ” Open my eyes that I may contemplate wonderful things from your instruction (word) Psalm 119:18
4. Dive into God’s word. Really use this time to learn God’s word. Even if it’s a devotional that has scriptures, find those scriptures in your Bible and meditate on the verse. I tend to use a journal to write down notes, but I also write and highlight all over my Bible. Do what’s best for you. I do suggest finding a good Bible plan. I currently am doing the one year Bible on the YouVersion app and I LOVE IT!
5. Digest and meditate on God’s word. Apply what you’ve read and use it for God’s glory. It will help you throughout your day. Take his wisdom with you and use it! Be the light in someone else’s life, God will place people in your life for a reason. Share his love and hope with them. You could be that one person who can make a huge impact in others.
It’s time YOU get your life back and start living the life you were designed to live! So stop saying “What If” and actually make it happen! Your words control your future so start speaking positivity into your life.